Travelling to School
At King’s Oak we are committed to creating safe routes to school for our children and promoting sustainable travel.
Our aims are to:
- Reduce the number of car journeys to our school.
- Increase the number of children who walk to school.
- Encourage cycling, where children meet our criteria.
- Promote the use of public transport.
We believe that these measures will:
- Make our school entrances safer for our children, by reducing congestion.
- Contribute to the improvement of our local environment, reducing pollution.
- Educate our children on the environmental benefits of sustainable travel.
- Increase the fitness levels of our children, their readiness to learn, and their capacity to fulfil their potential.
If you need to travel by car, please do not park near our school gates. Please help us to keep your children safe.